Saturday, August 22, 2026

Gravity

 We move around each other in circles and spirals. I don't truly know what his experiences are like, how the issues he has affect him and I'm curious, but there is an understanding between us that nothing needs to be explained. Sometimes we laugh in the way that babies laugh, until tears come, at the absurdity and the wonder of our bodies and our minds. We exchange glances, as if playing a game of peek-a-boo, connect and disconnect, we play at the edge of loneliness and loss, just for a moment, so we can re-discover the connection and laugh again in relief and joy. Everything is imperfect and that is perfect. Love and pain, joy and grief are all tangled up together in us inextricably. We taste the tang of salt in the sweetness and know it can be no other way. He and I, both flawed and both still completely as we should be. We two can never be one, but only by being separate can we be so very close. 

birth of a galaxy 
the sparkle of newly formed 
star clusters 

No comments: